The 2022 January transfer window is closed, but there’s still plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Poch wants Kane at Man United
Rumours surrounding the Paris Saint-Germain manager have heavily linked him to the dugout at Old Trafford, with growing confidence from the club hierarchy that they will be able to strike a deal for the former Tottenham Hotspur boss.
ESPN sources revealed on Wednesday that the club’s top players had become keen on the idea of Pochettino being recruited as head coach, with belief that he is the right man to take the job on a permanent basis and guide the team to silverware.
And with Pochettino open to the switch, the latest suggests that he will urge the board to grant him the funds to reunite him with Kane, who played a key role during the Argentine manager’s success in north London.
The 28-year-old forward has recaptured his form since the appointment of Antonio Conte and indicated that he would like to remain at Spurs despite his efforts to leave for a bigger challenge in the summer. Thus the temptation of working with Pochettino again could present the England international with a dilemma.
– Manchester United are ready to capitalise on Antonio Rudiger‘s contract situation and are prepared to meet his salary demands, according to Football Insider. Chelsea have struggled to make progress in talks over a new deal for the 26-year-old defender, who is currently one of the lowest earners among first team players at Stamford Bridge. And with there now being just a matter of months before he becomes a free agent, the Old Trafford hierarchy are ready to make a move for his services.
– AC Milan have removed the €50 million release clause from Ismael Bennacer‘s contract amid interest from clubs in Europe, according to Nicolo Schira. The 24-year-old defensive midfielder is set to sign a new deal at the San Siro until 2026 that includes a salary of €3.2m per year. He has made 27 appearances this season for the Rossoneri.
– Talks are ongoing between PSG and Marquinhos as the Ligue 1 club look to extend his stay at the Parc des Princes, according to Fabrizio Romano. His deal expires in 2024, but the club’s hierarchy want to add on a three-year extension for the 27-year-old centre-back. Marquinhos first joined PSG from AS Roma in 2013, and he remains a stalwart in their team, starting 25 games this season.
– Former Premier League forward Mauro Zarate is set to sign with Brasileiro Serie A side Juventude, according to Cesar Luis Merlo. The 34-year-old last made three appearances in England’s top flight for Watford in 2017, but he has since enjoyed spells at Boca Juniors and America MG. He has signed a deal until the end of the year, with his medical set to take place on Monday.
– Youri Tielemans will not extend his contract with Leicester City, reports Fabrizio Romano. The Belgium international is contracted at the King Power Stadium until 2024, but despite efforts from the Foxes to agree to fresh terms, it looks as though the 24-year-old midfielder is looking for a new start. A number of top clubs are reported to be monitoring him, though he is expected to remain professional if Leicester choose to not let him go.
– Federico Bernardeschi wants a better offer if he is to remain with Juventus, despite wanting to find a solution to contract talks, reports Calciomercato. The 27-year-old attacking midfielder has found improved form of late, but the Serie A side are still looking to lower his salary by a figure between €1m-€1.5m. It is reported that talks will recommence after Massimiliano Allegri’s side learn more about the future of Paulo Dybala.