The January transfer window is almost upon us and, naturally, all the gossip on who’s moving where is heating up. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz as we count down to the 2022 winter window.
Journalist Gianluca di Marzio claims that Erling Haaland prefers a move to LaLiga over the Premier League as his next destination.
The Norway international has been heavily linked with a move away from Borussia Dortmund and the Bundesliga, with a number of English clubs — including the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Newcastle United — all said to be interested.
However, that may now be unlikely, as the journalist claims that it’s not “exactly his dream right now.”
LaLiga and Bundesliga are touted as his current preferences, with Real Madrid and Barcelona said to be the only destinations he believes are right for his next step.
The 21-year-old is said to have a clause in his current deal that will allow him to leave Dortmund for roughly €75 million next summer.
Though, Di Marzio does note that he may not necessarily leave the BVB in the summer, who have reportedly tabled a new contract offer and believe that another year could be key to his progression.
Haaland has scored 13 goals and assisted five times in 11 Bundesliga appearances so far this season, adding four more goals across the Champions League and DFB Pokal.
– Transfer window preview: Mbappe, Haaland to move next month?
– FC 100: Messi, Lewandowski are No. 1s; Premier League dominant
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, FA Cup (U.S.) | FC Daily
– Tottenham are leading the race to sign AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie on a pre-contract agreement in January, reports the Daily Express. The 24-year-old’s deal with the Rossoneri expires at the end of the season, with a number of clubs having been linked with a potential free transfer. However, the report claims that Spurs boss Antonio Conte is keen to land him and currently leads the way in doing so.
– Internazionale could be willing to listen to offers for Stefan de Vrij if they cannot secure a new contract for the player, reports Calciomercato. The Netherlands international has a deal at the club that lasts until 2023, however talks are on standby over a renewal. There is no intention to speed up the process from the club, but if an offer of €20m comes in for him, they are said to be willing to negotiate a move.
– Leeds United are eyeing a move for Atletico Mineiro left-back Guilherme Arana, says journalist Ekrem Konur. The 24-year-old joined the Brazilian club in the summer from Sevilla and has played most games since, going on to earn an international debut with Brazil back in October. However, Marcelo Bielsa’s side are now pondering a potential move in an effort guide them away from potential Premier League danger.
– Leicester City and Newcastle United have enquired about Internazionale midfielder Matias Vecino, according to journalist Nicolo Schira. The Uruguay international is out of contract at the San Siro next summer and has only played a role from the bench for the club so far this season.
– Real Madrid could recall youngster Reinier from his loan at Borussia Dortmund over a lack of game time at the club. Mundo Deportivo says that both Los Blancos and the 19-year-old want to cut the loan short, having only made 11 appearances in his second spell at the Bundesliga club.