LIVE Transfer Talk: Dortmund eye Dybala as Haaland replacement

The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Dortmund eye Juve’s Dybala

Borussia Dortmund have made a late approach to acquire Juventus forward Paulo Dybala, according to Corriere dello Sport.

Speculation surrounding the 28-year-old has strongly linked him with a move to Internazionale, with the Bianconeri failing to extend his contract that expires in the summer.

But amid those reports, the latest indicates that BVB have made him an offer of €4.5 million per season in a deal that would see him become an important figure at the club.

The Bundesliga side are expecting to part ways with Erling Haaland at the end of the season, and it looks as though they have identified the Argentina international as a potential replacement.

Despite rumours continuing to develop over Dybala’s next move, no decision will be made over his future until the end of the season, with the forward focusing on the Coppa Italia final that is set to take place on May 11 against Inter.

ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (U.S.)
Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
– Don’t have ESPN? Get instant access

LIVE BLOG

08.44 BST: Pep Guardiola will sign a new contract at Manchester City as he is “more determined than ever” to win the Champions League, the Daily Star reports.

Guardiola again fell short of landing City their first European crown this week when they looked set to reach their second successive final, only for two late goals from Real Madrid to force extra time in their semifinal second leg, Karim Benzema’s penalty led to their elimination.

The51-year-old’s current contract is due to expire at the end of next season, but the Star reports that he will sign a new three-year deal this summer, when he also hopes to bring Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland to the club.

Ranking Guardiola’s worst UCL exits since he last won the trophy

08.00 BST: Edinson Cavani has said Cristiano Ronaldo‘s arrival at Manchester United made him consider leaving the club.

Cavani’s season has been interrupted by injury and the 35-year-old striker has been limited to 18 appearances for the club in all competitions in a disappointing campaign that will end without a trophy and no Champions League football next season.

“At the moment it was done, I thought it was a good thing for Manchester to sign Cristiano,” Cavani told ESPN Brasil. “Knowing a bit about the world of football these days, the first thing I did was call my [brother and manager Walter Fernando Guglielmone] and said: ‘Fernando, if this had happened a week ago, I would ask you to find me another club.’

“But not because I didn’t want to play with Cristiano Ronaldo. No. Because I had the opportunity to know him, and he is a great professional, with his targets, and that is perfect for a sportsman. But as I know, after years in football, how things work these days. That’s why I spoke to my brother.

“It was more about understanding the situation. Not because I couldn’t play in my role at Manchester, but because there are many things in football nowadays that are different from how they were with other people, how it was before, years ago. And since it happened suddenly, I felt nothing. I thought: We’ll play, do the best we can.

“Regardless of my injuries at the club, which kept me out of the season for a bit… I experienced difficult situations, different from the ones I faced last year. And after a few months, I called my brother again and said, ‘Remember what you said at the start of the season?’ Before the season started. There are no secrets in football. For me, it’s very clear how it works, and I have a way to see football that nobody takes away from me.

“So I called my brother and said that. And he was like: ‘Stay positive, Edi, you will do a good job…’ He told me a lot of things. I had no doubt that everything could be better, ‘But let’s see what happens from now on.’ And everything happened like we all know and that’s it, here we are, I’m trying to do my best to help my team, like everywhere else I’ve been, but my way of thinking and seeing football showed me that I was right in the first few months and on… I had my problems with injuries and I’ve been away for a while. But that was a bit of what happened in that stretch.”

A source told ESPN Uruguay last week that Cavani seeks a two-year deal with a LaLiga club and barring that, he would consider playing in Portugal.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

– More twists surrounding the future of Kylian Mbappe saw Le Parisien report that he had agreed a deal in principle to sign a new two-year extension with Paris Saint-Germain. Despite this, his mother took to social media to rebut the claim from the French media outlet. As quoted by Fabrizio Romano, she said: “There’s no agreement in principle with Paris Saint-Germain or any other club.” The 23-year-old striker has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid in recent weeks, with his contract expiring in the summer.

Darwin Nunez is prioritising a move to Manchester United, according to Ekrem Konur. It is reported that Arsenal and Newcastle United are also keen on his signature, with the 22-year-old impressing for Benfica this season. But it looks as though he has his sights set on a move to Old Trafford, following in the footsteps of former Uruguay international Diego Forlan.

Steven Bergwijn wants to leave Tottenham Hotspur in the summer in search of regular first team football, reports Fabrizio Romano. The 24-year-old winger was linked with Ajax Amsterdam in January, and it is expected that they will return to the negotiating table when the transfer window reopens, though a number of clubs are believed to be interested by the potential acquisition of the Netherlands international.

– Juventus have identified Emerson Palmieri as a replacement for Alex Sandro, according to Tuttosport. The 27-year-old left-back is currently on loan at Lyon, with reported interest in making his move to Ligue 1 permanent. But with the Bianconeri now placing him on their shortlist for the summer, the Italy international could be tempted by a Serie A return.



Source link

Recommended Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.